Thursday, June 2, 2011

Those I've Left Behind

Here is a poem I found that I really liked.

Those I've left behind

My friend I hope you'll never read these words upon my heart.
My fear is that I've let you down, and failed to do my part.
The time has come we talked about, that day when we last spoke,
The time when Satan's hold upon this earth would soon be broke.
My greatest wish for you had been that you should come with me.
But now a distance stands between us greater than the sea.
The Lord who saved me now has come, that's why I can't be found.
The sin I held was lifted, when He took it to the mound.
I'm not a greater man than you; I've never said I was.
There were none righteous; sin is something every person does.
I pray the choices that you made were chosen by your will,
And not because I was afraid to witness to you still.
Perhaps I should have spent more time to tell you of His grace.
My friend, I'd give so much to have you with me in this place.
But nothing that has happened here has ever been my choice.
I only tried as best I could to listen to His voice.
This letter gives me one more chance, to tell you of His love.
Of how He left His kingdom and its glory far above.
He came and died upon a cross for those who turned away.
That through Him, those who once were lost, could see that He's the way.
He saw our sins so long before we ever drew a breath,
And in his mercy, buried every sin with Him in death.
I know you feel abandoned as you slowly look around.
You'll see it more each day that comes; now evil must abound.
Those who did not trust in Christ, who once were left behind,
Now trust in Him with all their hearts, their hope, their soul, and mind.
You may not know his name just yet, but pray you'll recognize,
The one who rules the earth will be the wicked Son of Lies.
And for a time he'll seek to crush the Word before they speak.
But know our Lord will stand with them; He's strong when they are weak.
There's precious little time to pass from when we disappear,
And when our Lord will come again, the end of times is near.
Please know it's not too late, you see, His mercy didn't end,
The day He called His children home, and millions did ascend.
These times of tribulation are the final given years,
To trust upon the One who gave so much to spare our tears.
The blood He spilled upon the cross still flows for you today.
If you could earn this gift yourself, that price He wouldn't pay.
I'll have to leave you now to make the choice you must decide.
To die within your sins or join us at the Savior's side.
I mourn for all the suffering, in these times to be endured.
But know that if you trust in Him, salvation is assured.
I hope this letter will be enough, for time cannot rewind.
And the only words you'll hear from me, are those I've left behind.


- Silent Siege

No comments:

Post a Comment